The Oklahoma Antique Tractor Association, Inc. (OATA-116) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and education of America’s agriculture past. OATA was officially organized in February of 1992 with 26 members and was called Oklahoma Green & Yellow Two Cylinder Club, catering to people with interest in antique John Deere tractors.
As the club slowly grew through the years and with majority of its members owning or a least having interests in various makes of tractors and/or equipment, the membership voted in 1996 to change the name to “Oklahoma Antique Tractor Association, Inc.” OATA was incorporated into the State of Oklahoma in 1997 and was granted non-profit tax-exempt status in 1998.
OATA-116 joined the National “Early Day Gas Engine and Tractor Association” (E.D.G.E. & T.A.) which was formed in 1957 and is a national organization whose purpose is to stimulate interest in collecting, restoring, preserving, and exhibiting gasoline and oil engines, gas/diesel and steam tractors, power driven farm machinery and any other equipment of historical value. Individual membership is only available through the local branches which OATA-116 became Branch # 116 in 2000.
For more information about EDGE&TA see their web site www.edgeta.org
OATA’s membership has now grown to over 80 members (families, not individuals). Membership meetings are generally held on the second Saturday of each even-numbered month. Meeting places vary, depending on club activities, events, etc.
The club publishes a bi-monthly membership newsletter, which includes club events, meetings, various articles, club member birthday and anniversaries. It is a goal of this organization to acquire a tract of land, so the club can build its own club grounds for activities throughout the year.